What to do before, during, and after a storm hits
Storm damage repair near me
The weather in Texas can be unpredictable but with a few safety measures before, during, and after a storm you can take take measures to stay safe and minimize damage.
Severe storm is in the forecast
- Check local weather reports and broadcasts for hourly updates
- Check for and clear blockages in your drainage pipes to prevent a house or property flood
- Remove or secure any exposed wiring or electrical cords and hazards that could cause a slip and fall
- Consider keeping and emergency preparedness kit on hand
During the storm
- Don't use candles for lighting, as this causes a fire risk
- Stay away from windows and doors or go to a secure shelter
- Stay tuned to emergency weather updates
The storm is over
- Check floors and surfaces for water damage
- If you find evidence of water damage, mop and blot any standing water
- In the warmer months, turn the AC on to help with drying
- Remove any loose item to dry ground and wipe down
- Call SERVPRO of East Dallas as soon as possible to minimize damage
Fast To Your Dallas Water Damage Emergency
SERVPRO of East Dallas comes to your water damage emergency with the experience needed to fix any damage.
Flooding and water emergencies don’t wait for regular business hours and neither do we. SERVPRO of East Dallas provides emergency cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week—including all holidays.
Faster To Any Size Disaster
Flooding and water damage is very invasive. Water quickly spreads throughout your home and gets absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, and more. SERVPRO of East Dallas arrives quickly and starts the water extraction process almost immediately. This immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Need Emergency Service? Call Us 24/7-
Water Damage Timeline
- Water quickly spreads throughout your property, saturating everything in its path.
- Water is absorbed into walls, floors, upholstery, and belongings.
- Furniture finishes may bleed, causing permanent staining on carpets.
- Photographs, books, and other paper goods start to swell and warp.
Hours 1 - 24:
- Drywall begins to swell and break down.
- Metal surfaces begin to tarnish.
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and inks from cloth and paper goods spread and stain.
- A musty odor appears.
48 Hours to 1 Week:
- Mold and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mold.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week:
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mold growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
About SERVPRO of East Dallas
SERVPRO of East Dallas specializes in the cleanup and restoration of residential and commercial property after a fire, smoke or water damage event. Our staff is highly trained in property damage restoration. From initial and ongoing training at SERVPRO’s corporate training facility to regular IICRC-industry certification, rest assured our staff is equipped with the knowledge to restore your property.
Fire Damage Can Cause Hazardous Residue
Smoke damage can ruin your home, give us a call today.
Fire can damage more than just structures affected.
A fire can be scary and devastating to a family or business. Not only are contents and structures lost, but the residue left behind from a fire can be hazardous. This is especially the case if electrical outlets, wiring, or appliances are the source or have been affected by the fire.
Toxic smoke particles must be properly remediated prior to family or workers returning to the property. That is where we come int! SERVPRO of East Dallas will pretest the environment (structures, contents, and air quality) to determine the extent of damage, and then use the specific equipment and cleaning products required to clean and protect the different types of surfaces found in your structure.
Our goal after a fire is to restore and remediate what we can, create a safe environment for you your family or business again, and help you rebuild what you have lost.
Call SERVPRO of East Dallas after the fire is out!
Call us at 469-998-6444
Storm Damage Repair in Dallas
SERVPRO helps storm damage in Dallas
Roof Damage Often Leads to Flooding
In the winter and early spring, the weather in Texas is unpredictable and can go from sunny skies with cool temperatures, to a warm humid day creating the perfect environment for severe storms. Storms with high winds causes extensive roof damage which usually leads to flooding.
Luckily, SERVPRO of East Dallas is on high alert when the weather turns dark and gray. We are staffed, ready with equipment, and willing to meet all of your storm needs at any time or day.
Steps to Take If Water Comes In
If you notice water leaking from the roof or ceiling, call us immediately. Even if it is raining and their is a hole in the roof, we can cover and seal the leaks with durable temporary tarps and start extracting water immediately from inside the house. The sooner we get the water out and the structures dry, the better for you and your belongings!
Water Doesn't Wait, so call us at the first sign of water damage.
SERVPRO of East Dallas is your water damage repair team.
A water leak does not usually wait for the most convenient time of day to start causing damage. Our crew responds to calls and provides cleaning and restoration services 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. When it comes to removing standing water and starting the drying process, even minutes can be the difference in being able to remediate and save floors and structures. The sooner we can get our team out to assess damage, the sooner we can get to work remediate and restore what we can.
When you are dealing with water damage, immediate action is crucial. Please refer to our Water Damage Tips - Until Help Arrives Guide and follow these tips to protect yourself and your property.
SERVPRO of East Dallas is your go to water damage repair team. We are locally owned and operated in Dallas.
Happy to provide same day service for all of East Dallas.
Fire Damage Repair Company in Casa View
SERVPRO of East Dallas is your near me fire damage repair company.
Candles are a great way to light up, add nice decor, or make a home smell like fresh flowers. However, According to the NFPA, from 2014-2018, there were an estimated 7,610 house fires that were started by candles per year that caused an annual average of 81 deaths, 677 injuries, and $278 million in property damage. Save your Casa View home with some of these alternatives!
For those who just want the aesthetic of a candle and no scent, flame-less candles are a great option! They are typically battery-operated and give the same flame-like feature as real candles.
Wax warmers are a great alternative because you can get that amazing scent that comes from real candles without the hazard. Warmers are typically either battery or outlet operated to melt the wax.
Calling all of our essential oil fans, this one is for you! With hundreds of combinations to try, diffusers are a great option for the whole house.
The most low maintenance option is a stick diffuser. Put your scent in the vase and let the sticks do the work.
If you still plan to opt for a candle, be sure to trim the wick before each use to minimize sparking, place the candle where it can’t fall or be knocked over, and always blow out the candle anytime you leave the room or plan to leave the home.
SERVPRO of East Dallas is a fan of diffusers!
SERVPRO Is More Than Just A Local Company
SERVPRO of East Dallas has the work trucks available for any job.
Since its founding in 1967 SERVPRO has expanded to over 1,700 locations across the United States and Canada. Since then SERVPRO has also greatly expanded the array of services we offer. Since those services range from carpet cleaning and deodorization to large scale disaster recovery and with SERVPRO’s 1,700+ locations our collective knowledge and experience are one of the greatest assets SERVPRO has and we know how to use it.
SERVPRO locations provide all kinds of support to each other ranging from equipment to people-power and technical advice. Sometimes we might run into an issue that we have not encountered before or possibly elements to a job that prevents our normal methods for jobs. This is when we have been able to rely on the knowledge base which our corporate office and other SERVPRO’s have accumulated. It does not matter what emergency you are facing. From Water Mitigation, Fire Restoration, or Mold Remediation. SERVPRO has the team and backing to handle it all. We are known for taking care of big problems and disasters, but we also are adept at helping people with issues you normally may not know the solution too. If you have an emergency which makes you think “I don’t even know who does this,” try giving SERVPRO of East Dallas a call!
When Storms or Floods hit East Dallas, SERVPRO is ready!
Our highly trained crews are ready to respond 24/7 to storm or flood damage in East Dallas.
SERVPRO of East Dallas specializes in storm and flood damage restoration. Our crews are highly trained and we use specialized equipment to restore your property to its pre-storm condition.
Since we are locally owned and operated, we are able to respond quicker with the right resources, which is extremely important. A fast response lessens the damage, limits further damage, and reduces the restoration cost.
Resources to Handle Floods and Storms
When storms hit Dallas we can scale our resources to handle a large storm or flooding disaster. We can access equipment and personnel from a network of 1,650 Franchises across the country and elite Disaster Recovery Teams including East Dallas Storm Team that are strategically located throughout the United States.
Have Storm or Flood Damage? Call Us Today 469-998-6444
Water Restoration Team in Casa Linda
SERVPRO of East Dallas is available 24 hours a day for water damage emergencies in Casa Linda . We are located within minutes of Casa Linda, so we are your fastest help available. We’ve helped out multiple businesses and homes around East Dallas, so there is no water loss job that is too big nor small for us.
A delay of even an hour could hurt your home or business drastically, it’s our job to stop that from happening. The quicker SERVPRO can get to you the better we can do to assist you. We’re locally owned and operated so you’ll be safe in knowing that you hired someone next door to you. You need plenty of support in your time of distress. Let us provide you with that support. Rest assured we will be right there to take care of you and your family or business.
No job is too small or too large! We are here to help!
Call SERVPRO of East Dallas for your water damage repair in Casa Linda.
How to Prevent a Roof Leak
PREVENT ROOF LEAKS
After you’ve had your roof repaired or replaced, there are a few easy steps you need to take to prevent it from leaking again:
- TRIM THOSE TREES – Falling tree branches can puncture your roof, while low-hanging limbs can scrape your roof’s surface over time, compromising its performance.
- KEEP GUTTERS AND DOWNSPOUTS CLEAN – Falling leaves, acorns and other small debris can clog your gutters and downspouts, giving water a place to accumulate. Use a garden hose to remove clogs and keep your gutters clear. If you have a stubborn clog, remove the downspout and clear it with a mop handle or other long object.
- CHECK YOUR COLLARS AND FLASHING – Some roof leaks are caused by cracked or missing chimney and vent flashing, or compromised pipe collars. If the flashing or collar is badly damaged, it may need to be replaced. If the seal has simply failed, it may be possible to repair it with roofing tar in some cases.