Fire Damage & Soot Facts
Smoke and soot facts:
Hot smoke migrates to cooler areas and upper levels of a structure penetrating various cavities in your home, causing hidden damage and odor. Smoke typically flows around plumbing systems, seeping through the holes used by pipes to go from floor to floor.
Did you know there are Different Types of Smoke?
- Wet Smoke - Plastic and Rubber
- Low heat, smoldering, pungent odor, sticky, smeary. Smoke webs are more difficult to clean.
- Dry Smoke - Paper and Wood
- Fast burning, high temperatures, heat rises therefore smoke rises.
- Protein Fire Residue - Produced by evaporation of material rather than from a fire
- Virtually invisible, discolors paints and varnishes, extreme pungent odor.
As a result, there are different types of soot residue after a fire. Before restoration begins, SERVPRO of East Dallas will test the soot with our advanced technology to determine which type of smoke damage occurred. Our smoke damage expertise and experience allows us to inspect and accurately assess the extent of the damage to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Our Fire Damage Restoration Services
Since each smoke and fire damage situation is a little different, SERVPRO of East Dallas produces a unique solution tailored for the specific conditions. We have the equipment, expertise, and experience to restore your fire and smoke damage. We will also treat your family with empathy and respect and your property with care.
Have Questions about Fire, Smoke, or Soot Damage?
Please Call Us Today – (469) 998-6444