Small electrical fire causes extensive damage in a school
Smoke entered the cavity between the 1st and 2nd floors of a school after a small electrical fire that happened over night. This picture shows the ceiling damage and soot that settled throughout the cavity creating an unclean and unsafe environment.
SERVPRO of East Dallas was called in to clean and restore the school and get the students and staff back in the building safely. SERVPRO dropped the ceiling and removed all of the original lath and plaster, extensively cleaned all materials in the cavity between the floors. The cavity was then sealed and the ceiling was rebuilt. The pipes and materials in the cavity were sparkling clean and looked brand new after the cleaning process. Business is running as usual now, “like it never even happened.”