Fire Causes Smoke Damage
A fire in an East Dallas home was caused by a candle burning in a dining room on a wooden table. The table caught on fire and caused extensive smoke and soot damage throughout the house. As you can see in the before picture, soot covered the return air filter in the hallway of the home. Thankfully, the fire was extinguished prior to any other structures burning but SERVPRO of East Dallas was called to help with the smoke damage. In addition to cleaning all surfaces and structures impacted by the smoke and soot throughout the house, our team performed duct cleaning, as seen in the after picture. This air scrubbing process removes all soot and purifies the air throughout the cavities. After this process, the family was able to turn on the air conditioner without any problems.